Sunday, March 11, 2007

The store has new stuff in stock

The sunny weather makes me listen to indie folkish stuff, that makes one kind of... mellow. Recently I started to listen to two scandinavian artists, Ane Brun and Teitur. She is norwegian, he's from the Faroe Islands.

Her album
Duets is really beautiful, incidentally one of my favourites is the duet w/ Teitur and of course Little Lights, very catchy yet so touching, too. If I had to recommend something from Teitur's work, it would be the album Poetry and Aeroplanes, with the killersong One and Only /one appreciates a disgustingly romantic lovesong from time to time/ and I Was Just Thinking, kinda sad, in a bit cliché way /if you ask which indie folk lovesong is not a cliché - the Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens/

Let's get cliché then.

Teitur - One and Only

I've been wishing on a star but I never could have imagined
I would land just where you are after all this lonesome travelling
Took one look in your eye, reached out to hold your hand
This is when I realized what I could never understand

Do you want to be my one and only love?
Do you want to be my one and only love?

So you wanna be my friend, so you wanna be my lover
With you I do confess I can't be one without the other
That was hard for me to say, I hope I said it right
Which ever, come what may, you see I need to know tonight

Do you want to be my one and only love?
Do you want to be my one and only love?

Do you want to play these cards, do you want to lay them down?
Do you want to run away or do you want to stick around?

Do you want to be my one and only love?
Do you want to be my one and only love?

/And YES, despite all my cynical looks and staying ice cold, I think of Adam, when I hear this. Which makes me even more cynical and cold in the end/



Besides all this I kinda fell for Razorlight, especially
Who Needs Love? , cute contrast, aint it? lol.

No comments: